Adelaide Hills and Hahndorf
The Adelaide Hills is only a short drive from the Adelaide CBD, but a long way from the hustle and bustle of the city streets. Home to the Mt Lofty Ranges, dotted with unique and historic villages, cellar doors and spectacular landscapes, this tour will give you a taste of this delightful region with time spent at the German village of Hahndorf.
DURATION: Half Day (4 hours)
OPERATES: Daily (excluding Christmas Day)
DEPARTS: 1.15pm - Adelaide Central Bus Station (ACBS) or selected Adelaide Hotels
RETURNS: 5.15pm - (ACBS)
INCLUSIONS & HIGHLIGHTS:
- Morning pick up from selected Adelaide Hotels
- Expert commentary by local Driver/Guide
- Adelaide Hills & Hahndorf tour includes:
- Mount Lofty Summit Lookout
- Drive past Bridgewater Mill water wheel and the villages of Crafers, Stirling and Aldgate
- Stop at the Beerenberg Farm Shop
- Free time in the German village of Hahndorf with afternoon tea or beer tastings
Depart your city hotel for an afternoon tour of the Adelaide Hills. Drive along North Terrace - Adelaide’s cultural precinct - on the way to Mount Lofty Summit, Adelaide’s highest peak.
Take in the spectacular views of the city and the coastline - a perfect photo opportunity. Wind your way through the Adelaide Hills villages of Crafers, Stirling, Aldgate and Bridgewater before arriving at the Beerenberg Farm Shop, where there is time to taste and purchase from their full range of products. Then it’s on to Hahndorf, Australia’s oldest German settlement.
Spend the afternoon exploring the main street of Hahndorf where you can sample local produce, check out the local arts and crafts before enjoying afternoon tea or a traditional German beer tasting at the very popular Hahndorf Inn.