Ultimate Adelaide & Hahndorf
The Ultimate Adelaide tour takes you beyond the city’s CBD to experience the city and delightful Adelaide Hills. From the towering Mt. Lofty Summit Lookout to chocolate tastings, you’ll get to see all of Adelaide’s highlights on this great full day tour.
DURATION: Full Day (8 hours)
OPERATES: Daily (excluding Christmas Day)
DEPARTS: 9.15am - Adelaide Central Bus Station (ACBS) or selected Adelaide Hotels
RETURNS: 5.15pm – (ACBS)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please phone Adelaide Sightseeing on 1300 769 762 to reconfirm your pick up and drop off locations 48 hours prior to travelling.
INCLUSIONS & HIGHLIGHTS:
- Morning pick-up and evening set down at selected Adelaide Hotels
- Expert commentary by local Driver/Guide
- Ultimate Adelaide includes:
- Adelaide city sights
- Adelaide’s Cultural Boulevard of North Terrace - University, Library, Art Gallery & Museum
- Historic North Adelaide
- Visit to St Peters Cathedral (subject to availability) & the famous Adelaide Oval
- Haigh’s Chocolates factory tour and tastings (except Sundays & SA Public Holidays where a visit to the National Wine Centre* is included or further time exploring the city)
- Mount Lofty Summit Lookout
- Drive past Bridgewater Mill water wheel and the villages of Crafers, Stirling and Aldgate
- Stop at the Beerenberg Farm Shop
- Free time in the German village of Hahndorf with afternoon tea or beer tastings
Your driver/guide will introduce you to this delightful city, surrounded by parklands with a blend of historic buildings, wide streets, cafés and restaurants. Drive past Adelaide's cultural precinct - North Terrace, the National Wine Centre, Adelaide Botanic Gardens and the beautiful Botanic Park, home to the Bicentennial Conservatory and the Adelaide Zoo. Continue through historic North Adelaide, where you’ll see tree-lined streets, mansions and historic buildings. Stop and visit the iconic St Peters Cathedral or the newly developed Adelaide Oval then travel through the city's east on the way to the Haigh's Chocolates Visitor Centre for a factory tour and tastings of this famous South Australian chocolate. Return to the city via the South Parklands, West Terrace and North Terrace.
After a lunch break (not included), enjoy a scenic drive to Mount Lofty Summit, Adelaide’s highest peak. Take in the spectacular views of the city and the coastline - a perfect photo opportunity. Wind your way through the Adelaide Hills villages of Crafers, Stirling, Aldgate and Bridgewater before arriving at the Beerenberg Farm Shop, where there is time to taste and purchase from their full range of products. Then it’s on to Hahndorf, Australia’s oldest German settlement.
Spend the afternoon exploring the main street of Hahndorf where you can sample local produce, check out the local arts and crafts before enjoying afternoon tea or a traditional German beer tasting at the very popular Hahndorf Inn.
- This tour is made up of the morning Adelaide City Highlights (AS14) and afternoon Adelaide Hills & Hahndorf (AS13) tours with free time in between
- Lunch is not included but passengers are encouraged to enjoy nearby restaurants and the Adelaide Central Market for lunch. The Adelaide Central Market is open Tuesday to Saturday but most restaurants nearby are open 7 days
- Haigh's Chocolates factory tour & tastings does not operate on Sundays and SA Public Holidays therefore the itinerary will be changed to include a visit to the National Wine Centre
- The National Wine Centre is located on the edge of Adelaide’s stunning Botanic Gardens. Passengers will have free time to explore the iconic building with the opportunity to purchase morning tea at the café or taste wine from the extensive Australian wine collection
- The National Wine Centre* will be closed on Good Friday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years’ Day so further time will be spent exploring the city on these days
- This tour does not include a visit to Glenelg; passengers are encouraged to catch the tram from the CBD to Glenelg at the end of this tour. Trams operate at regular intervals and fares can be purchased on board