Barossa and Hahndorf Highlights
This full day tour takes you to South Australia’s premium wine region, to sample some of the Barossa’s finest wines including the world famous Jacobs Creek Visitor Centre and Saltram Wine Estate. Enjoy a sumptuous 2 course lunch at the South Australian Company Store. Then wind your way through to the picturesque Adelaide Hills to Hahndorf, Adelaide’s oldest German settlement where you will have free time to explore the many shops and galleries full of local arts, crafts and produce.
DURATION: Full Day (8 hours)
OPERATES: Monday, Tuesday & Friday (excluding Christmas Day & Good Friday)
DEPARTS: 9.15am - Adelaide Central Bus Station (ACBS) or selected Adelaide Hotels
RETURNS: 5.15pm – (ACBS)
INCLUSIONS & HIGHLIGHTS:
- Morning pick-up and evening set down at selected Adelaide Hotels
- Full day guided coach tour including:
- Morning tea, tour and tastings at Jacobs Creek Visitor Centre
- Mengler Hill Lookout for views over the Barossa
- Cellar door tastings and learn about the ‘Saltram Story’ at Saltram Wine Estate, Angaston
- 2 course lunch at South Australian Company Store (The Company Kitchen), Angaston with wine tastings from 2 boutique Barossa wineries
- Learn about the history of the Herbig family during a short stop at the Herbig Family Tree, Springton
- Explore the tree-lined main street of historic Hahndorf, home to many shops and galleries full of local art, craft and regional produce
- Expert commentary by local Driver/Guide
Travel through the city of Adelaide northwards to the world renowned Barossa wine region. Enjoy the change of scenery as you make your way into the vineyards of South Australia’s premium wine district.
Your first stop is at the multi-award winning Jacob’s Creek Visitor Centre where you will have the opportunity to sample their famous wines in a structured tasting, be taken on a tour of the surrounding vines and cellar door then enjoy morning tea as you overlook the vineyards.
Leaving Jacob’s Creek Visitor Centre, travel to Mengler Hill Lookout for sweeping views over the valley and then onto Saltram Wine Estate at Angaston. Here you will learn about Saltram’s 150 year history and taste some of the wide selection of quality wines from the stunning cellar door. After a memorable cellar door experience, journey to the South Australian Company Store and Kitchen for a delicious lunch. The Company Kitchen draws on ingredients and traditions that are distinctly from the Barossa regional producers. You will enjoy a scrumptious 2 course lunch (including a tasting plate) along with wine tastings from two boutique Barossa wineries.
Leaving the Barossa, stop at the Herbig Family Tree at Springton. This hollow tree trunk provided a ‘home’ for Friedrich & Caroline Herbig and two of their 16 children until 1860. Travel to the picturesque Adelaide Hills and on arrival into Hahndorf (Adelaide’s oldest German settlement), you will have free time to explore Hahndorf’s main street with many shops and galleries full of local arts, crafts and produce and pubs where you can sample some German Beers.