Barossa Food and Wine Experience
Travel in a small coach and enjoy a food & wine journey to South Australia’s premium wine region, the Barossa. Take time to sample some of the Barossa’s finest wines and gourmet food that makes this wine region so special. On this tour you will visit three cellar doors including the multi-tourism award winning Pindarie, and enjoy a delicious 2-course lunch at Lambert Estate.
DURATION: Full Day (8 hours)
OPERATES: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (excluding Christmas Day & Good Friday)
DEPARTS: 9.15am - Adelaide Central Bus Station (ACBS) or selected Adelaide Hotels
RETURNS: 5.15pm – (ACBS)
INCLUSIONS & HIGHLIGHTS:
- Morning pick-up and evening set down at selected Adelaide Hotels
- Full day guided small group tour including:
- Morning tea and tastings at TeAro Estate^, Williamstown
- Visit to Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop
- Gourmet 2 course lunch and structured wine tasting at Lambert Estate, Angaston
- Wine tastings at the multi-tourism award winning Pindarie Cellar Door, Gomersal
- Mengler Hill Lookout for views over the Barossa
- Expert commentary by local Driver/Guide
^IMPORTANT NOTE: Effective 1st July 2019, TeAro Estate will no longer be an inclusion in this tour as they are closing their cellar door. An alternate itinerary will be announced closer to the date.
Travel through the city of Adelaide northwards to the world renowned Barossa wine region. Enjoy the change of scenery as you make your way into the vineyards of South Australia’s premium wine region.
Your first stop is TeAro Estate^, located in the main street of Williamstown in a heritage listed 1850's barn. In the intimate Tasting Room, you will be treated to morning tea sourced from the local bakery and wine tastings while hearing stories from 4 generations of family vignerons.
The next stop is a visit to Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop*, an absolute must whilst visiting the Barossa. Learn about Maggie Beer - the cook, writer and founder of 'Maggie Beer Products', and enjoy tastings of her full product range including limited edition seasonal produce. You can also browse amongst her personally selected regional specialty goods, purchase one of her signed books or simply sit back and take in the view.
On arrival at Lambert Estate at Angaston, you will enjoy a structured wine tasting whilst sampling local seasonal produce from gourmet platters. Main course follows, and is a feast for the senses, with two signature dishes, salad and vegetables. You may wish to purchase a glass of wine from the impressive wine selection, or enjoy a coffee accompanied with their popular Chocolatier (Chocolate Port).
Leaving Lambert Estate, travel to Mengler Hill Lookout for sweeping views over the valley and then onto your final stop for the day will be Pindarie, a multi-tourism award winning cellar door, which feels more like an Australian Homestead than a cellar door. The friendly staff don’t just pour the wine; they share the stories behind the wines and Pindarie, a great way to finish off your Barossa Food & Wine Experience.
- Itinerary subject to change and some of the inclusions may be replaced temporarily without notice.
- This tour is not recommended for children.
- ^Effective 1st July 2019, TeAro Estate will no longer be an inclusion in this tour as they are closing their cellar door. An alternate itinerary will be announced closer to the date.