Victor Harbor and McLaren Vale Highlights
Visit South Australia’s most popular tourist region, the Fleurieu Peninsula, and experience the magnificent beaches, award-winning wines, fresh local produce and some of the region’s best loved tourist experiences.
DURATION: Full Day (8 hours)
OPERATES: Wednesday and Saturday (excluding Christmas Day)
DEPARTS: 9.15am - Adelaide Central Bus Station (ACBS) or selected Adelaide Hotels
RETURNS: 5.15pm - (ACBS)
INCLUSIONS & HIGHLIGHTS:
- Morning pick up and evening set down at selected Adelaide Hotels
- Expert commentary by local Driver/Guide
- Victor Harbor & McLaren Vale Highlights includes:
- Morning tea stop at the Scottish town of Strathalbyn on the banks of the Angas River (morning tea not included)
- See the old river port of Goolwa where the Murray meets Lake Alexandrina
- The coastal town of Port Elliot
- Free time to stroll along the esplanade of Victor Harbor dotted with local crafts and cafés
- Optional 3 course lunch at the Hotel Victor (additional charge and must request at time of booking)
- Pass through Horseshoe Bay, Rosetta Heads and Encounter Bay steeped in whaling history
- Tour along the southern coastline
- View the rolling vineyards, iron stone cottages, olive and almond groves of the McLaren Vale region
- Free time in the main street of McLaren Vale
Enjoy a delightful tour of South Australia’s premier tourist region, the Fleurieu Peninsula. This tour begins with a picturesque journey through the Adelaide Hills to the historical Scottish settlement of Strathalbyn. Here you will stop for some free time and morning tea in High Street (own expense). Continue on to the paddle steamer town of Goolwa where you will have a brief tour of the town including the wharf, barrage and beach.
On your way to Victor Harbor, cruise past the charming coastal town of Port Elliot including Horseshoe Bay and stop at Whale Lookout for a photo opportunity. Upon arrival at Victor Harbor, South Australia’s most popular seaside village, wander through the main street, sampling the fresh local product. Optional 3 course lunch at the Hotel Victor (AS18L) or indulge in some fish and chips on the foreshore (own expense). You may choose to explore Granite Island, where you’ll find the Little Penguins and you might even catch a glimpse of a Southern Right Whale during the winter months.
Your tour then continues to the wine making region of McLaren Vale, best known for producing outstanding Shiraz. Wander the main street, sample the fresh local produce including the delicious cheeses at Blessed Cheese, taste some of the fine wines or grab a coffee at one of the many cafés.
From here, enjoy a scenic drive through South Australia’s southern metropolitan beaches of Port Noarlunga and Moana before returning to Adelaide.