Murray River Highlights
Relax on this lunch-time cruise along the historic Murray River. Gain an insight into this unique river system with its magnificent landscapes and spectacular cliffs. Then travel alongside the Murray River in your coach, taking in the spectacular views and stopping regularly for great photo opportunities. On the return journey, visit Melba’s Chocolate Factory and Woodside Cheese Wrights at Woodside.
DURATION: Full Day (8 hours)
OPERATES: Monday and Friday (excluding Christmas Day)
DEPARTS: 9.15am - Adelaide Central Bus Station (ACBS) or selected Adelaide Hotels
RETURNS: 5.15pm – (ACBS)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please phone Adelaide Sightseeing on 1300 769 762 to reconfirm your pick up and drop off locations 48 hours prior to travelling.
INCLUSIONS & HIGHLIGHTS
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down at selected Adelaide hotels
- Expert commentary by local Driver/Guide
- Murray River Highlights Tour includes:
- Two-hour cruise on board the ‘Proud Mary’ whilst you enjoy a sumptuous buffet lunch with complimentary water, tea and coffee – Other drinks available for purchase at the bar
- View the stunning orange cliffs, weeping willows & huge red river gums and see pelicans, galahs, cockatoos and cormorants
- Free time to explore the historic River Town, Mannum
- Scenic drive through the picturesque Adelaide Hills, via Tungkillo and Mt Torrens
- Stop for afternoon tea at Melba’s Chocolate Factory and cheese tastings at Woodside Cheese Wrights in Woodside (both at own expense)
The Murray River Highlights tour departs Adelaide and travels to the mighty Murray River. On your arrival, board the MV Proud Mary and relax as you cruise the historic river enjoying the wildlife and surrounding scenery.
Enjoy lunch on board the Proud Mary as you continue your journey along the river and gain insight into the river system and unique landscapes of the region.
Upon disembarking, enjoy a tour along the river bank of the Murray River taking in spectacular views and stopping regularly for great photo opportunities, including the Mannum Lookout.
Travel back to Adelaide via the delightful Adelaide Hills, stopping at Melba’s Chocolate Factory where you can purchase afternoon tea and delight in cheese tastings at Woodside Cheese Wrights in Woodside (both at own expense).
- Cruise times may vary slightly depending on river boarding point
- Monday – Board at the river town of Mannum
- Friday – Board at Woodlane Reserve (near Mypolonga)
- Cruise duration is approximately 2 hours
- Vessel type may vary at times of maintenance and if a second division is scheduled
- Tastings at Woodside Cheese Wrights is $3 per person payable direct at time of visit (optional)