2 Day Kangaroo Island Adventure Tour (Dorm Room)
This 2 day tour has it all, with just a touch of adventure for the more spirited, budget traveller who enjoys experiencing places and attractions that are off the beaten track. Travel in small groups for a fun and informal yet informative two days touring on Kangaroo Island.
DURATION: 2 Days / 1 Night
OPERATES: December to March: Daily (excluding 24th & 25th December)
April & November: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday May to August: Wednesday and Saturday
September & October: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
DEPARTS: Adelaide Central Bus Station or selected Adelaide & Glenelg hotels (with pick up times TBA)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please phone Kangaroo Island Adventure Tours on 1300 795 447 to reconfirm your pick up and drop off locations and advise of any special dietary requirements 48 hours prior to travelling.
INCLUSIONS & HIGHLIGHTS:
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down at selected Adelaide or Glenelg Hotels/Hostels
- Return travel to Kangaroo Island by SeaLink coach and ferry
- Two days small group touring with experienced driver/guide and entry fees to Kangaroo Island attractions
- Meals include 1 breakfast, 2 lunches and 1 dinner
- Day 1 attractions: Rob’s Shearing & Sheepdogs, Pennington Bay, Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery, Seal Bay guided beach walk, Little Sahara sand dunes
- Overnight accommodation at Penneshaw Beach Stay in a Dorm (bed linen included) with shared bathroom facilities and free Wi-Fi
- Day 2 attractions: Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park, Raptor Domain 'In-Flight' Birds of Prey Display, Emu Bay Lavender Farm & Cafe and Prospect Hill
Depart Adelaide and enjoy a scenic coach trip through the Fleurieu Peninsula to Cape Jervis where you will board the SeaLink ferry for the 45-minute journey across Backstairs Passage to Kangaroo Island. On arrival in Penneshaw meet your local Driver/Guide.
First stop is Rob's Shearing & Sheepdogs to enjoy a sheep shearing demonstration by a real Aussie character before heading to Pennington Bay, a spectacular beach and a great photo opportunity.
Continue to Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery, the only commercial eucalyptus distillery in South Australia to learn about their distilling process, peruse their farmgate store and enjoy lunch. Next you're onto the stunning Seal Bay Conservation Park where you will have the opportunity to get up close to a wild breeding colony of rare Australian sea lions. At Little Sahara explore the huge white sand dunes and test your skills at sandboarding. If you're not up to for sandboarding a walk to the top of the dunes will provide incredible views.
Arrive at your overnight accommodation by the beach in Penneshaw. You'll then have the opportunity to spend some free time exploring the stunning Hog Bay Beach, the Kangaroo Island Sculpture Trail, stop by the Penneshaw Hotel, take a look at the Penneshaw Penguin Centre or simply relax and get to know other travellers on your tour. Settle in for a mouth-watering dinner and then as darkness sets in, you may see kangaroos, Tamar wallabies and possums or kick back with a glass of local wine before retiring to the comfort of your bed.
After breakfast get up close to wildlife at the Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park where you will look for koalas nestled up in the eucalypts, get up close to kangaroos and other native Australian wildlife. From here, visit Raptor Domain for the awe-inspiring ‘In-Flight’ Birds of Prey Display and see a display of Wedge Tailed Eagles, Kookaburras, Sea Eagles and different owls that have been rescued and rehabilitated before they go back into the wild.
Enjoy lunch at Emu Bay Lavender Farm and take a walk around the garden and the charming Farmgate Store.
The afternoon’s touring will then vary depending on time, weather conditions and the group’s interests. You may be able to discover one of Kangaroo Island’s pristine beaches, take a walk up Prospect Hill the highest point on Kangaroo Island, see some more wildlife in their natural environment, or sample some of the local produce at one of the many cottage industries (own expense). On arrival into Penneshaw, there will be time to purchase dinner (own expense) before the return journey to Adelaide via the SeaLink ferry and coach.
- Tour inclusions amended from 15th January 2020 until further notice.
- Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch in the Flinders Chase National Park is temporarily closed until further notice.
- Itinerary and inclusions are subject to change especially on days classified as catastrophic fire danger on Kangaroo Island.
- Bed Linen is included in dormitory rooms (excluding towels)
- Private Room upgrades (up to 4 people) available at an additional cost (Bed Linen & Towels included)
- Passengers are to bring their own Beach Towels
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kgs per person applies
- Itinerary is subject to change as the touring is flexible and can be adapted to the client’s interests and weather conditions on the day
- Part of the enjoyment of this tour is the active hands on participation of everyone. This will include the preparation of meals, washing dishes and general assistance to the guide
- Children 0-14 years must be booked into a Private Room with an accompanied adult (not Dormitory Rooms) and 15-17 years can stay in the Dormitory but must be accompanied by someone 18+
- This tour is NOT recommended for children under the age of 12
- A Risk Release Form must be filled out by each passenger prior to arrival at Little Sahara - KIAT guides will hand these out on the vehicle