2 Day Kangaroo Island Adventure Tour (Dorm Room)
This 2 day tour has it all, with just a touch of adventure for the more spirited, budget traveller who enjoys experiencing places and attractions that are off the beaten track. Travel in small groups for a fun and informal yet informative two days touring on Kangaroo Island. Stay at Vivonne Bay Lodge, set on 206 hectares of natural Australian bush land with 1km of beach frontage and lots of fun activities including swimming, kayaking, trail bike riding, bush-walking, table tennis and 8-ball.
DURATION: 2 Days / 1 Night
OPERATES: December to March: Daily (excluding 24th & 25th December)
April & November: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday May to August: Wednesday and Saturday
September & October: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
DEPARTS: Adelaide Central Bus Station or selected Adelaide & Glenelg hotels (with pick up times TBA)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please phone Kangaroo Island Adventure Tours on 1300 795 447 to reconfirm your pick up and drop off locations 48 hours prior to travelling.
INCLUSIONS & HIGHLIGHTS:
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down at selected Adelaide or Glenelg Hotels/Hostels
- Return travel to Kangaroo Island by SeaLink coach and ferry
- Two days small group touring with experienced driver/guide and entry fees to Kangaroo Island attractions
- Day 1 attractions: Rob’s Shearing & Sheepdogs, Pennington Bay, Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery, Seal Bay guided beach walk, Little Sahara sand dunes and Vivonne Bay.
- Day 2 attractions: Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary Koala Walk, Flinders Chase National Park & Visitor Centre, Remarkable Rocks, Admirals Arch and Beaches (weather and time permitting)
- Lunch included on both touring days
- Overnight accommodation at Vivonne Bay Lodge in a Dorm (bed linen included) with shared bathroom facilities including continental breakfast and BBQ dinner.
- Vivonne Bay Lodge is on a 206 hectare bush property & has 1km of beachfront access and a range of complimentary activities to choose from including:
- Harriet River kayaking
- Trail bike riding
- Self-guided walking trails
- Games room & table tennis table
- Swimming at Vivonne Bay Beach
- Beach comb or sit and relax from private platform overlooking Vivonne Bay
- Vivonne Bay Lodge has FREE Wi-Fi which is available to guests
Depart Adelaide and enjoy a scenic coach trip through the Fleurieu Peninsula to Cape Jervis where you will board the SeaLink ferry for the 45-minute journey across Backstairs Passage to Kangaroo Island. On arrival in Penneshaw meet your local Driver/Guide.
First stop is Rob's Shearing & Sheepdogs to enjoy a sheep shearing demonstration by a real Aussie character before heading to Pennington Bay, a spectacular beach and a great photo opportunity.
Continue to Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery, the only commercial eucalyptus distillery in South Australia and visit stunning Seal Bay where you will have the opportunity to get up close to a wild breeding colony of rare Australian sea lions. At Little Sahara explore the huge white sand dunes and test your skills at sand boarding.
Arrive at Vivonne Bay Lodge, where you will have the opportunity to spend some free time kayaking on the Harriet River, swimming at Vivonne Bay Beach, take a self-guided walk through the property tracks, go trail bike riding or simply relax. Back at camp there are complementary activities to keep you occupied before and after your BBQ dinner. As darkness sets, you may see kangaroos, Tamar wallabies and possums, relax around the fire (except in summer months) or kick back on the deck with a glass of local wine before retiring to the comfort of your bed.
After breakfast get up close to more wildlife at Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary where you will look for koalas nestled up in the eucalypts and see kangaroos grazing on the open fields. Continue onto Flinders Chase National Park where you will marvel at Remarkable Rocks; huge granite boulders sculptured by nature. Enjoy the spectacular coast and seascapes as you head around to Admirals Arch at Cape Du Couedic where we watch the resident Long-nosed Fur Seals frolic in the ocean or sunbake on the rocks. Enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch at the Flinders Chase Visitor Centre.
Head to the beautiful and secluded ‘secret’ beach of Stokes Bay and take a walk at Ironstone Hill (time permitting) to find wallabies and admire the spectacular view back to the mainland. If time and weather permit, several stops may be made en route to Penneshaw, allowing time to purchase dinner (own expense) before the return journey to Adelaide.
- Bed Linen is included in dormitory rooms at Vivonne Bay Lodge (excluding towels)
- Private Room upgrades (up to 4 people) available at an additional cost (Bed Linen & Towels included)
- Passengers are to bring their own Beach Towels
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kgs per person applies
- Itinerary is subject to change as the touring is flexible and can be adapted to the client’s interests and weather conditions on the day
- Part of the enjoyment of this tour is the active hands on participation of everyone. This will include the preparation of meals, washing dishes and general assistance to the guide
- Children 0-14 years must be booked into a Private Room with an accompanied adult (not Dormitory Rooms) and 15-17 years can stay in the Dormitory but must be accompanied by someone 18+
- This tour is NOT recommended for children under the age of 12
- A Risk Release Form must be filled out by each passenger prior to arrival at Little Sahara - KIAT guides will hand these out on the vehicle