Shark Cage Diving
Port Lincoln is one of only 5 places in the world where you can cage dive with Great White Sharks and the only place in Australia this activity takes place.
More people choose to shark cage dive with Calypso Charters than any other operator and they are consistently ranked number one on Trip Advisor. What’s more…you don’t even need any dive experience to be in the cage.
Calypso Charters do not attract the shark to the area; they operate at Neptune Islands Marine Park, which is home to Australia’s largest colony of NZ Fur Seal (over 45,000+) making it a reliable location to see Great White Sharks. Because of this, they have the highest success rate (85%) of shark sightings of the one day operators and are the only operator that provides daily updates of shark sightings and historical sightings of every charter since January 2011 in order to provide realistic expectations.
MV Calypso Star 2 is the largest one day vessel in the Shark Cage Diving industry and is the only shark diving vessel fitted with a gyroscopic stabiliser to dramatically reduce the chance of guests falling sea sick and increase their comfort during the day. (It reduces the boat roll by 80%)
Their shark cage is the largest of all the providers, holding up to 8 divers with an unobstructed 360 degree view. Spectators can enjoy top side viewing from the main deck or bridge deck
Calypso Charters are Advanced Eco Certified, Carbon Neutral and a Climate Action Leader.
No Shark Policy
- All divers are refunded $100 back to a spectator price.
- Adult divers receive $200 (child $150) voucher towards another tour with Calypso Star Charters. This can also be used towards our Sealion tour and Combo Tours. If used on a Sealion tour the difference in the value is forfeited
- Adult Diver $495
- Adult Spectator $395
Spectators can pay the $100 upgrade on board should they decide to dive
Prices and times are subject to change – full T&Cs available at www.sharkcagediving.com.au
- Boarding at 6.30am.
- A full day charter with no guarantee return time. Although we normally return between 5-8pm.
- 3 hour journey to Neptune Island Marine Park.
- Breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and snacks included throughout the day.
- Tea, coffee, cappuccinos and water available all day.
- Soft drinks and bottled water available to purchase (only $1).
- Alcoholic beverages available to purchase after diving has finished. No BYO.
- All equipment included on the day. 7mm wetsuit, hood, boots and gloves.
- Transfers available from most accommodation places from $10 per person return. The Port Lincoln Hotel offer free transfers.
- Free parking available on the vacant block in front of our office.
- Up to 45 guest capacity. No minimum passengers.
- Approximately 30-45 minutes dive time. The dive time depends on the shark activity on the day. Our crew’s priority is to make sure guests all receive a similar level of shark interaction on the day; therefore dive group times can vary.
- EFTPOS, GoPro hire, highlight photos and souvenirs available on board.