4 Day / 3 Night Flinders Ranges Outback Tour
The new 4-Day Flinders Ranges Outback Tour will operate from Adelaide and travel in luxury air-conditioned Mercedes Benz vehicles with two nights at the award-winning Rawnsley Park Station and one night at the famous Prairie Hotel.
Rawnsley Park Station will be a highlight on this tour with hosts Julie and Tony Smith providing true outback hospitality and Aussie station experiences. Stay in luxurious Eco Villas, all with commanding views of the surrounding landscape. Touring includes the spectacular and rugged scenery of Wilpena Pound and the magnificent Flinders Ranges region with its wealth of wildlife, geology and ancient history.
At Nilpena Station, take a fascinating station and Ediacaran fossil tour, and enjoy outback food and hospitality at the famous Prairie Hotel at Parachilna. Then travel through the stunning Clare Valley wine region for some wine tasting and lunch before returning to Adelaide.
Departs from Adelaide on Fridays:
April - 5, 12 & 26 May - 3, 10, 17, 24 & 31 June - 14, 21 & 28 July - 5, 12, 19 & 26 August - 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30 September - 6, 13, 20 & 27 October - 11, 18 & 25 November - 1, 8, 15, 22 & 29 2020:
March - 13, 20 & 27
Inclusions & Highlights
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down at selected Adelaide CBD hotels
- Morning and/or afternoon tea and lunch each day
- See the Kanyaka Station Homestead Ruins
- 2 nights standard accommodation in a One Bedroom Holiday Unit at Rawnsley Park Station including daily continental breakfast
- Enjoy a 'Sunset on the Chace' tour (operated by Rawnsley Park Station)
- 2 course dinner in the Woolshed Restaurant at Rawnsley Park Station
- 3 hour Guided Daybreak Loop Walk to Rawnsley Bluff including a cooked bush breakfast (operated by Rawnsley Park Station)
- See picturesque gorges on your tour around Wilpena Pound and the southern Flinders Ranges including a picnic lunch
- Delight in a 3 course Lamb Tasting food experience with matching wines
- Explore the historic mining town of Blinman and take a scenic drive through Parachilna Gorge
- Signature Antipasto platter lunch, sunset pre-dinner drinks with canapes and a 3 course a la carte dinner at the Prairie Hotel
- Nilpena Station Ediacaran Experience
- 1 night accommodation at the Prairie Hotel including a full cooked breakfast
- Journey through the Clare Valley to Paulett Wines & Bush Devine Café for wine tastings & 3 course lunch
- Personalised 4x4 touring with expert commentary from your local Driver/Guide and all entrance fees and special permits
Day 1: Friday or Sunday Your Flinders Ranges Odysseys guide will pick you up from your Adelaide hotel around 7.30am to commence your 4 day tour into the majestic Flinders Ranges. Sit back and relax while you travel through the mid-north region of South Australia stopping at the old copper mining town of Burra for morning tea and then Orroroo for lunch.
Enjoy view of Mount Remarkable as you head to the towns of Wilmington and Quorn. The majestic Flinders Ranges come into view as you get closer to the small outback town of Hawker. On the way, stop at Kanyaka Station Homestead Ruins and see what’s left of this once massive sheep and cattle station of about 950 square kilometres. Late afternoon, arrive at Rawnsley Park Station, your home for the next two nights.
Rawnsley Park Station overlooks the southern side of Wilpena Pound and provides the perfect base for exploring the Finders Ranges. Late afternoon, enjoy a Sunset on Chase tour where you’ll watch the stunning sunset reflect on the Chase Range as you sip on local wine and enjoy delicious canapes. The 40 minute drive through the property provides a great opportunity to see native wildlife then finish your day with a delicious2-course dinner in the Woolshed Restaurant, an authentic Australian converted woolshed serving delicious Modern Australian cuisine. Overnight: Rawnsley Park Station.
Day 2: Saturday or Monday Early this morning join the 3km Daybreak Loop Walkwhere your experienced local guidewill introduce you to the unique plants and wildlife of Rawnsley Bluff. Learn how the ancient sea floor has been uplifted and eroded to create this amazing landscape.Complete your morning with a cooked bushbreakfast.
Spend the rest of the day touring around the southern Flinders Ranges including the local sights, picturesque Bunyeroo and Brachina Gorges and peaceful walkstaking through the creek beds.
This evening, joina tour of the old woolshed and enjoya 3-course Lamb Tasting food experience where local lamb from the property will be showcased, and prepared in three different and delicious courses. Clare Valley wines will be matched with each course. The dinner will finish with South Australian portand local cheeses (vegetarians will be catered for). Overnight: Rawnsley ParkStation.
Day 3: Sunday or Tuesday This morning, relax with breakfast in your private Eco Villa or Holiday Unit and for the more adventurous, you may like to take an early morning scenic flight from Rawnley Park Station with Chinta Air to gain an appreciation of the scale and beauty of Wilpena Pound (additional cost and must be booked through your Guide the day prior).
Farewell your hosts and Rawnsley Park Stationand continue your tour through the small outback copper mining town of Blinman. Leave the bitumen here and traverse the beautiful Parachilna Gorge, with ancient river beds, towering ghost gums and spectacular rock formations. Arrive at Australia’s #1 Outback Hotel, the Prairie Hotel, where their “cult” feral food menu has been recognised as 1 of 20 “unmissable outback experiences” and has people from all over the world talking about the unique and delicious food. You’ll get to enjoy one of their Signature Antipasto Platters for lunch.
After lunch visit Nilpena Station for a fascinating tour ofthe working Cattle Station, red sand dunes and the Ediacaran Fossil Site, where you’ll witnessfossils that are over 500 million years old, which have been preserved in the ancient sea-floor.
Finish the day off with sunset drinks on the veranda and canapés at the Prairie Hotel, followed by a stunning 3-course A La Carte dinner. Overnight: Prairie Hotel, Parachilna.
Day 4: Monday or Wednesday Start your day with a delicious cooked breakfast before departing Parachilna and travel south with the western side of the Flinders Ranges in view. Stop at the old railway township of Quorn, before continuing your journey through to the charmingly secluded Clare Valley, one of Australia’s oldest wine growing regions. With its picturesque, rolling countryside, unique geography, and climate you will see why it is a premium grape growing area.
Here you will enjoy wine tastings and lunch at the family owned Paulett Wines Cellar Door and Bush Devine Café inspired and partly sourced from the adjacent Bush Food Garden. Located in the Polish Hill River region of the Clare Valley, Paulett Wines is named after the Polish Settlers of the mid 1800’s. After a 3-course lunch, farewell Clare and return to Adelaide, arriving approximately 5.30pm at your chosen accommodation.
- Itinerary is subject to change and weather conditions on the day.
- This tour is not recommended for children up to 7 years and prices available on application for children aged 7-14 years.
- Accommodation upgrades available at Rawnsley Park Station to a One Bedroom Eco Villa for an additional charge. - There are no extra person prices on these tours.
- MINIMUM NUMBERS: If minimum numbers are not met at 30 days prior to departure, an alternate date will be offered or a full refund given.